On the Job
by PamFord Davis

I wonder if people still whistle while they work. How many find fulfillment through a day on the job?

Employers set specific hours and expect those in their employ to be there on time. Some employees can only hope of working banker’s hours. I admire the men and women who adjust to swing shift schedules.

Others, with sleepy eyes and laden feet, walk through the door to work a graveyard shift. Men and women are inclined to function best with a steady routine of working, eating and sleeping.

Working 9-5 is drudgery for the adventurous entrepreneur. Yet, to the unemployed seeking full time hours, a steady job is a dream come true.

A job can be mundane or fulfilling; it may be time for an attitude alignment.

Job endured through a time of great suffering. Downcast, he compared life to forced labor.

“Isn’t mankind consigned to forced labor on earth?
Are not his days like those of a hired hand?
Like a slave he longs for shade;
like a hired man he waits for his pay.
So I have been made to inherit months of futility,
and troubled nights have been assigned to me (Job 7:1-3 HCSB).”

Bible readers know the rest of Job’s story. It has a happy ending.

“After Job had prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his prosperity and doubled his previous possessions (Job 42:10 HCSB).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print