Are you alive?
by Jimmy Hacker

Are you alive?

Yes this seems to be a silly question to ask. But I am asking you now, are you alive? You say; "Of course I am." There are to many people out there who think that they are really alive. They are living up their lives in the fast lane doing every thing worldly that they can do. Then there are people who are in a more slower pace not as active as some but they are still in their sins doing their thing living their lives like they want instead of the way God would like for them to.

Are you alive? Let's see. Is Jesus in your heart? You may ask; "What has that got to do with me not being alive?" Jesus is the Life of the world. He gave His Life so that we may live. Either Jesus is Lord of all or He is not Lord at all. Are you a true child of God? You may ask; "What does being a true child of God have to do with it??" Jesus said in Matthew 22 verse 32; "God is not the God of the dead, but of the living." Or are you dead and didn't ever realize it? Which are you? You have to be one or the other.

Have you ever been to a funeral home? I have. They do have dead corpses in some of the rooms there in caskets. They have a list for visitors to sign to go in and view the body one last time. Some times they don't have an open casket for people to view the body and it is closed. These rooms are very nice and the dead body is lying in a real nice casket in the room where people can go to it. Some funeral homes also have a chapel where the funeral services can be held in. What about you? Are you a dead corpse? Or are you alive and well?

Let's take a copse from a funeral home and let's see what we can do for it in hopes of bringing it back to life. Let's use environment. Let's get a dead corpse from the funeral home and put him in a room full of live people. Will he get up because they are alive? No. He is dead. Dead is dead. Let's use education. Let's get a doctor and let this doctor demonstrate a chart that shows the heart and lungs and tell the corpse that the heart beats and the lungs breathe air. Is he going to get up and breathe and live? No he is dead. Let's use encouragement. Let's get a group of cheerleaders all saying to him "We know you can do it, get up out of your casket. Get up. Get up. Get up" Is he going to get up out of his casket and live. No, he is dead. Dead is dead. Let's use inspiration. Let's get a dozen preachers all saying together "You can live. You can live. You can live." Is the corpse going to get up and live. NO HE IS DEAD. DEAD IS DEAD. I have exhausted the conditions of life for this corpse. This corpse is dead and there is no life in him. 1 John says; "He that hath the Son hath life, and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life." Proven by the Holy Scripture to those with out Jesus, you are dead already. You may be alive on the earth, you are a high class corpse. But YOU ARE STILL DEAD.

Jesus is the only Life that planet earth has and there IS NO OTHER. Either we have Jesus in our hearts living for Him and serving God and are alive. Or we don't have Jesus in our hearts and we are dead. Which is it? There is no other way to say it. Either Jesus is the Lord of your life and you are alive. Or you are dead. If you don't have Jesus in your heart, repent of all known sins and ask God to forgive you and ask Jesus to come into your heart now and be the Lord of your life and follow Him and read His Word and obey It.

There are only 2 kinds of people on the earth right now. Those who have Jesus and are alive and those who don't and are dead. Heaven reserves a place for the Living only. All others are dead and they go straight to hell. There are no Christless souls in Heaven and there are no Jesus filled souls in hell. If you are not saved, get saved today and start living for real from this moment on and God will bless you. God bless you.




Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print