A Place
by PamFord Davis

‘Somewhere, (There’s a Place for Us)’ is a tragic song from West Side Story…

We seek a place.

Shortly after my wedding engagement, at the age of 18, I trusted Jesus as my personal Savior. Norm, my husband-to-be had led me to the LORD. In church, a godly woman counseled me about my decision. Noticing my engagement ring, she asked the name of my fiancé. Learning his name, she went on to talk about the exchanging of vows and how I’d be saying; I take thee Norm (Ashley Norman) during the ceremony.

Likewise, she suggested I pray saying, “I take thee Jesus.”

It involved commitment.

In Jesus’ day, there was an important Jewish custom during the formal engagement. The groom went to his father’s house and prepared a home for his bride.

Jesus is preparing a place for His bride, the church.

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.  In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also (John 14:1-3 NKJV).”

Yes, there’s a place for us.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print