Impersonators
by PamFord Davis

The talent of celebrity impressionists/impersonators fascinates me. Do you remember Frank Gorshin? He not only found fame as the Riddler on TV’s Batman but through his many amazing celebrity impressions as well. His imitations of Kirk Douglas were amazing. I readily recall Dick Van Dyke’s impressions of Charlie Chaplin.

Who do you admire enough to model your life after?

“Therefore be imitators of God as dear children.  And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma (Ephesians 5:1-2 NKJV).”

God the Son was sinless; we have all sinned (Romans 3:23). We cannot reach His sinless perfection; yet, he is our perfect role model. I want to grow more like Him day by day…

“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.  For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren (Romans 8:28-29 NKJV).”

Think of that… God’s purpose involves transformation. Through His purpose, I am in the process of being conformed to the image, the very likeness of His Son Jesus.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print