If You're Happy
by PamFord Davis

If you’re happy…

You know that you are blessed.

So will others.

I am happy to say that I have three very happy men in my life.

Ashley is the legal name of all three.

My husband, Ashley Norman Davis Jr, goes by the name of Norm.

Our son, Ashley Norman Davis III, is known by the nickname Lee.

You see the trend; Lee’s son, our grandson is Ashley Norman Davis IV.

Can you guess what we call him?

Why, Ashley of course!

I’ll let you in on a little secret…

Their happiness might be derived by the family name.

“When Leah’s slave Zilpah bore Jacob a second son, Leah said, ‘I am happy that the women call me happy,’ so she named him Asher (Genesis 30:12-13 HCSB).”

Okay, so their name of Ashley is not precisely the same as Asher; it is close. What I’m certain of is this; they are among the happiest people I’ve ever known. Their smiles are contagious. Do they ever get down in the dumps? I’d guess they do but they don’t dwell on the negatives.

They have learned to be content with their lot in life.

“I know both how to have a little, and I know how to have a lot. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being content—whether well fed or hungry, whether in abundance or in need (Philippians 4:12 HCSB).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print