People Need Jesus
by Susan Ferguson

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.  (John 14:27 KJV)

Road rage is not too common here in my home state of Mississippi.  But recently, on my way to a doctor’s appointment, I experienced it.  It happened on a busy road during morning rush hour when a car started tailgating me.  I looked in the rear view mirror and was stunned to see the driver yelling and making wild hand gestures.  He swerved into the passing lane, but a vehicle was in front of him, so he could not pass me.  He began taunting me by honking the horn and veering into my lane.  We drove side-by-side for what seemed like forever.  I thanked God when he finally passed me.  I arrived at the doctor’s office frazzled, and while sitting in the waiting room, I thought about the incident.  What was the man’s problem?  I sat there speechless and started praying silently.  God gave me peace and a new perspective.  He opened up my spiritual eyes, and I saw a man who had no peace in his life, a man who needed Jesus. 

People need Jesus. It is hard to avoid stress in today’s world, but we have the promise of God’s peace.  Praying throughout the day, even in a doctor’s office, can quiet the mind and reduce stress.  Are you overwhelmed and stressed out today?  No matter where you are, you can pause and pray in your heart for His help and peace. 

Heavenly Father, thank You that in this hectic world, we have peace through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  In Jesus’ name.  Amen. 




Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print