The Weaning
by PamFord Davis

Our mama cat has taught me a valuable lesson on parenting. She is encouraging her litter to eat solid food. At first, she nursed them very often. They needed the nourishment her ample milk supply provided.

The five were growing, content and thriving. As their eyes opened and they began to explore, she began to feed them less often. Now, she is introducing meat into their diet.

Soon, we will find new homes for the kittens.

The mother cat is teaching them the importance of solid food. She is a good mouser and provider. Mama is weaning them away from their milk diet.

Apostle Paul labored for the LORD. He fed new believers the milk of the word.

“Brothers, I was not able to speak to you as spiritual people but as people of the flesh, as babies in Christ. I gave you milk to drink, not solid food, because you were not yet ready for it. In fact, you are still not ready (1 Corinthians 3:1-2 HCSB).”

We read a rebuke in the Book of Hebrews.

“Although by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the basic principles of God’s revelation again. You need milk, not solid food (Hebrews 5:12 HCSB).”

God the Father has prepared daily sustenance.

“… until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of God’s Son, growing into a mature man with a stature measured by Christ’s fullness. Then we will no longer be little children, tossed by the waves and blown around by every wind of teaching, by human cunning with cleverness in the techniques of deceit. But speaking the truth in love, let us grow in every way into Him who is the head—Christ (Ephesians 4:13-15 HCSB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print