Bible 6: DOING NOTHING â THROUGH VAINGLORY, BUT IN LOWLINESS OF MIND EACH COUNTING OTHER BETTER THAN HIMSELF; Phil 2:3 SELF-ESTEEM GOT SATAN OUT OF HEAVEN. SELF-ESTEEM GOT ADAM AND EVE OUT OF PARADISE.
by Eugene Lopatynsky

MUTILATED BY SOMEONE’S SELF-ESTEEM? 

Self-confidence, confidence in your ability to do a good job, is very good. Totally different is self-esteem.

SELF-ESTEEM got Satan out of heaven. Self-esteem got Adam and Eve out of paradise. 

Does God agree with psychology? WE ALL, SOONER OR LATER, ARE OR WILL BECOME VICTIMS, DEEPLY WOUNDED (IF NOT MUTILATED) BY OTHER PEOPLES EGO (SELF-ESTEEM). WE NEED CHRISTIAN GOOD WILL AND LOVE. 
Most of the arguments in marriage are born out of self-esteem, injured pride, injured ego.


(1) WHAT, DO YOU SUPPOSE, WOULD GOD SAY? 

Matthew 18:420:26-27 
4. Whosoever therefore shall HUMBLE HIMSELF as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 
26. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be GREAT AMONG YOU, LET HIM BE YOUR MINISTER;                    (minister means servant)
27. And whosoever will be CHIEF AMONG YOU, LET HIM BE YOUR SERVANT


Kiddo, forget all the gold and wealth in this world. The Lord God Himself is THE only real treasure. Can anyone imagine the greatness, the love and the good will in the character of our truly most wonderful Lord?


PROUD 

Philippians 2:3 
3. doing nothing through faction or through vainglory, but in lowliness of mind each counting the other better than himself;
 

(THAT'S WHAT GOD JUST SAID "CONSIDER THE OTHER MAN AS BETTER AND GREATER THAN YOURSELF. HA!) 

Philippians 2:6-8 
6. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7. But made himself of NO REPUTATION, AND TOOK UPON HIM THE FORM OF A SERVANT, and was made in the likeness of men: 8. And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross
 

(OUR CREATOR, CHRIST JESUS, WASHED FEET. HE SAID, ONLY THE ONE WHO IS THE SERVANT OF ALL, IS THE GREATEST! JUST IMAGINE THAT! GOD IS HUMBLE. AND MAN WANTS TO BE PROUD?) 

2 Timothy 3:15 
1. This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2. For MEN SHALL BE LOVERS OF THEIR OWN SELVES, covetous, boasters, PROUD, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3. Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4. Traitors, heady, HIGHMINDED, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5. Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 
1 Timothy 3:6 
6. Not a novice, lest being lifted up with PRIDE he fall into the condemnation of the devil. . 
James 4:6 
6. But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, GOD RESISTETH THE PROUD, but giveth grace unto the humble. 
Proverbs 13:1016:516:18 
5. Every one that is PROUD IN HEART IS AN ABOMINATION TO THE LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished. 
18. Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. 


HUMBLE 

Isaiah 66:2 
2. For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a CONTRITE SPIRIT, and trembleth at my word. 
Matthew 11:28-30 
28. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am MEEK AND LOWLY in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew 23:12 
And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall HUMBLE HIMSELF SHALL BE EXALTED. 

John 13:14 
14. IF I THEN, YOUR LORD AND MASTER, HAVE WASHED YOUR FEET; YE ALSO OUGHT TO WASH ONE ANOTHER'S FEET. 
James 4:10 
10. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. 
Zephaniah 2:3 
3. Seek ye the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, SEEK MEEKNESS: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the Lord's anger.
 


Self-confidence (trusting your ability to do a specific job) was almost eliminated from the vocabulary. It was replaced with raw pride, EGO, but with "sanitized" language, as “self-esteem”. 

(2) BITTER EXPIRIENCE

NOTHING WILL TAKE YOU AWAY QUICKER FROM CHRIST THAN SELF-ESTEEM. IT GOT SATAN OUT OF HEAVEN; IT GOT ADAM AND EVE OUT OF PARADISE. FROM IT PROCEED MOST OF THE PROBLEMS AT WORK, MOST BIG WARS, MOST MARITAL ARGUMENTS, MOST OF KIDS' BRUTALITY TO KIDS. WE GET HURT BECAUSE WE HAVE BIG SELF-ESTEEM.


UNLIKE SEX, PRIDE IS INSATIABLE, UTTERLY SELFISH AND INCREASINGLY ARROGANT. WE ALL BECOME VICTIMS OF SOMEBODY'S SELF-ESTEEM. 
WE NEED LOVE 

You may be surprised that God does not agree with psychologists. Who defends criminals, so they can come back and burglarize or shoot at you again? Who demands that you do NOT DISCIPLINE your children, so that monsters may grow up? It is your dear psychologists and psychiatrists, no? 

They say that Freud considered SEX to be the greatest and most important motivator of all. According to him, free sex (uninhibited) was real freedom! Karl Jung insisted that PRIDE, EGO was the greatest motivator. To him, any boost of ego was a boost in happiness! They say that all the great lights in psychology and psychiatry were heavily demonized men. Read the true life history of Freud, Jung, Maslow, etc. It is something scarcely believable. 

You don't need to imagine, what promotion of irresponsible sexuality would do to society. Merely OBSERVE the wrecked lives, the heartbreak, the destroyed marriages and demonized children, all around you now. The same applies to EGO or SELF-ESTEEM. 

Examine your own experience.

(3) A CASE HISTORY. 

WEE Johnny has been beaten up repeatedly at school. His ego is crushed. Wailing and weeping he's hiding from the world. Mommy takes Johnny to a psychiatrist. The great man (after charging her a king's ransom) declares that JOHNNY NEEEDS MORE SELF ESTEEM. He insists, that the whole family must avoid EVERY criticism, every demand and every discipline. Johnny is to learn and practice KARATE, Judo, Kung-Fu, and a few other horrid things. 

Soon Johnny can and DOES beat up everybody, including his mother and siblings. No more hiding or wailing .No more school either. There is just one thing, though. He has now taken up residence in jail, for robbery, attempted homicide, drug abuse and rape. You can imagine the future, how the rest of the case history will turn out. 

Let's examine the underlying facts. The reason Johnny was hurt is BECAUSE HE HAD ENORMOUS SELF-ESTEEM. Usually, it is not the physical blows; it is the humiliation, the EGO that hurts. 
JOHNNY WAS HURT BY THE CRUELTY AND BRUTALITY OF OTHERS. WHY? MOST LIKELY, BECAUSE OF THE HIGH SELF-ESTEEM (EGO) OF THOSE OTHERS. THEY BOOST THEIR EGO (SELF-ESTEEM) BY HUMILIATING SOMEONE ELSE. Who hasn't experienced that? 

Johnny did not need more self-esteem. HE NEEDED TOLERANCE, GOOD WILL AND REAL LOVE. What do you suppose the message of Christianity is all about? But we don't have A FREUD, JUNG, ADLER and their fellows promoting Christian LOVE, do we? 

IF JOHNNY HAD ENCOUNTERED LOVE, INSTEAD OF THE SICK FIASCO OF (MUTUAL) "SELF-ESTEEM", THERE WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN A PROBLEM


Why do you suppose the Rockefellers of this world want to gain more money? Why do Kings make war? Because they're hungry? You and I may get hungry, but never "our betters"! They strive for power, because it provides EGO, superiority, endless SELF-ESTEEM, a sense of POWER over others, the ability to humiliate others without retribution. 

UNLIKE SEX, PRIDE (EGO) IS INSATIABLE, UTTERLY SELFISH AND INCREASINGLY ARROGANT. WE ALL BECOME VICTIMS OF SOMEBODY'S SELF-ESTEEM. WE NEED LOVE 

If you must have counselling, let it be out of the BIBLE, not out of demonism. 

(4) WHY BIBLE?
The BIBLE IS A LOVE STORY; written with blood, upon a wooden cross; the story of God's love for you.

Men are not lost because they are sinners; they are lost because they have rejected Jesus who died for them. The ultimate treasure is not creation, it is the Creator. Any CONCEIVABLE sacrifice in this world is worthwhile to find our Lord and to belong to Him!

If you want Him, pray now with me, "DEAREST LORD JESUS, FORGIVE ME MY SINS; PLEASE BE THE LORD OF MY LIFE; HELP ME TO LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART AND OBEY YOU WITH ALL MY STRENGTH AND TO READ YOUR BIBLE, EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE."

After this, check out the guide in "How to read the Bible and clean up your life" in
www.remnantonly.info, under “Articles”. It contains much information not easily found anywhere else. Curious?



To get a list of my articles write my full name (Eugene Lopatynsky) into GOOGLE, then click on faithwriters.

Or use EDGE for your search engine.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print