Really, Who Are You?
by Rik Charbonneaux

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, .... " Roman 12:2a KJV

Who are you? Are you the thoughtful and insightful person who writes those great messages to this site and to the tens of thousands who read them. Or, are you the inspiring person who changes lives with your messages of "take it or leave it" truths. Could you be that beautiful one who conveys reflections upon the Word of God that opens things up for me, or are you really the other one, your other self on social media that is not so nice nor welcoming.

80% of all content on social is negative and it follows that so are 80% of the people who are the messengers using this medium. Not being held accountable by society for what they say on social media is the greater part of the reason people act this way and are so mean to one another. We know that there is One who holds them accountable for such things and He will deal with these "ill will" brokers of cynicism.

Wouldn't it be a great idea for all Christians to borrow from Catholic Customs and make a sort of Lent to run this year, from Memorial Day to the Fourth of July, during which we all pledge to be ourselves on social media. Even to have folks ask their friends for accountability checks to see if they are keeping their promise to eliminate their negative thoughts while on social media . If your true self in real life and your true self on social media are the same personality, then you truly do know who you are. Try it! Nothing to lose in trying, except a very negative attitude.

 



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print