You've got to accentuate the positive.
by Rik Charbonneaux

"Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners." 1 Corinthians 15:33 KJV

Bing Crosby used to croon some really good advise: "You've got to accentuate the positive, Eliminate the negative, Latch on to the affirmative, Don't mess with Mister In-Between!" in a old Johnny Mercer song. Today's most negative global thinking is to be found in the 80% negativity of social media.

If you are a USA user of social media, you generate a huge number of negative messages which in turn drives the negativity of other's thoughts, attitudes and actions. We have seen subordinate populations abroad encouraged through USA social media users to revolt against their governments, like in Egypt. Our words, their blood and look at the real value of change that resulted: Nada.

As a Christian you are called to be a positive light in a dark and negative world. One tiny candle can cut through absolute darkness. Won't you be one of the 1 out of five social media users who just that: to be who you truly are and bring the Good News to others as a positive messenger. Be the light out there in cyberspace.



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print