Uncovering Our Hearts
by Dinora Garza

“The one who conceals hatred has lying lips, and whoever utters slander is a fool.” (Proverbs 10: 18)

Have you ever felt hatred or held a grudge towards someone but still treat them as if you’re perfectly okay? You probably reasoned, “I hate this person, but I’ll treat them with kindness because I’m a Christian.” If so, this might surprise you:

God tells us that it’s dangerous to think like that because integrity and honesty require that what we feel coincide with what we do. But if we feel one way and demonstrate another, we are found guilty by God of lying. The one who conceals hatred has lying lips. This is probably the reason why God insists so much that we must forgive others because any other solution to our problem would only make it worse— we’ll become professional hypocrites, or we’ll slander our enemy in revenge, revealing how foolish we really are.

One of the most challenging aspects of being a Christian is that God doesn’t give us many options. For Him, there is only one way: the truth—honesty within our hearts, in our words and in our deeds —always. Any other option will only separate us from Him.

If trying to hide our hatred is a bad idea, then our only option is to forgive, sincerely, absolutely, and without reservations. Yet, although this seems such a simple solution, it leaves us with an even bigger problem: it is incredibly hard to forgive others! How do we achieve it every single time?



I am a Christian. My passion is to know the Lord, and help others to understand His character and will. Read one of my blogs at: onetruthonegod.wordpress.com


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print