Why Do We Get Angry at God?
by Dinora Garza

All of us have heard people who blame God for everything that goes wrong in the world. They use human misery as an evidence that God doesn't exist. "If God existed, this wouldn't happen," they say. They don't realize that by blaming God, they suddenly become the very proof of God's existence. How so?

There seems to be in us an innate understanding that our world is not what it should be; that something has gone wrong, and that it is only God who can straighten what's crooked. We seem to be persuaded that God is the one responsible for our happiness. Otherwise, why would we blame Him? Why would we put in God all the weight of our unhappiness and discontent, unless we intuitively acknowledge He alone is capable of making us happy?

We get angry at God because we get the picture: something went wrong: man separated himself from God from the beginning, and we are not what we were meant to be, neither is our world, but it has been our fault, not God's. And yes, there is only one hope for humanity, God, who sent His Son to this world to put right what is wrong: our hearts, and to show us the way to that world in which we all long to live. Jesus is the only one who can quench the thirst of our souls.

The hearts of believers and unbelievers shout to the world every day the truth of the Gospel: "God has made us for himself, and our hearts will not find rest until they find their rest in Him."

 

 (Quote by Saint Augustine)

 



I am a Christian. My passion is to know the Lord, and help others to understand His character and will. Read one of my blogs at: onetruthonegod.wordpress.com


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print