Donna Walked
by PamFord Davis

Donna walked.

My thoughts turn to Donna; my oldest sister. Today was her birthday.

Most people get a driver’s license in their teen years. Donna failed to learn. If she had passed a New York State road test, driving privileges may have later been suspended. At the age of 27, Donna suffered a stroke which left her legally blind in one eye. If Donna did not have a ride, she walked.

Donna walked to work, church, and doctor’s offices. When needing groceries or the Sunday newspaper, she walked.

Living in separate states, I did not see Donna often. Yet, when visiting; I walked too.

They were pleasant walks. We talked, laughed and reminisced.

Walking is a common theme in the Bible.

“And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden (Genesis 13:17 KJV).”

In his presence, we find love and peace …

“And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour (Ephesians 5:2 KJV).”

Like Donna, Enoch walked.

“And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:

And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:

And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him (Genesis 5:22-24 KJV).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print