Lost and Found
by PamFord Davis

Most know the frustration of losing things. People lose house and car keys, eye glasses, check books and their cell phones. Did I mention temper and patience?

I’m trying to be patient. I really am. We have two sets of keys to my car. Let me rephrase that; we ‘had’ two sets of keys. Each set had a place. Yes, there is a place for everything and we have order when they are put back in their place. I cannot find my keys; the result is chaos.

Oops! I just had a ‘Get Smart’ flashback. He fought archenemy KAOS.

I fight the temptation to panic. I’ve only lost a set of keys; it’s not the end of the world. In most cases, things turn up when I stop looking for them. That motivates me to give up. In contrast, a woman in one of Jesus’ parables did not quit looking for money that she had lost…

“Or what woman who has 10 silver coins,if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it? When she finds it, she calls her women friends and neighbors together, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, because I have found the silver coin I lost!’  I tell you, in the same way, there is joy in the presence of God’s angels over one sinner who repents (Luke 15:8-10 HCSB).”

Where did we leave those keys?



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print