Distant Shores
by PamFord Davis

Our Veterans deserve better; we fail to recognize them for their sacrificial service and to offer words of appreciation and encouragement.

Those who served in battle went more than the extra mile; they left the homeland to fight for freedom on 'far' distant shores. Many of our finest fought and died there and we are indebted to each of these men and women. 

They awoke one morning, oblivious to the reality of it being their last. As we gather with family and friends for Memorial Day celebrations; we have an opportunity to reflect on the supreme sacrifice made by these brave American patriots. 

David grieved the deaths of King Saul and his son, Jonathan.

"From the blood of the slain, from the fat of the mighty, the bow of Jonathan did not turn back, and the sword of Saul did not return empty. Saul and Jonathan were beloved and pleasant in their lives, and in their death they were not divided; they were swifter than eagles, they were stronger than lions (2 Samuel 1:22-23 NKJV).”

Strengthened through unity…

"How the mighty have fallen in the midst of battle (2 Samuel 1:25a NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print