Deliverance from Snares, Traps and Evil Networks of Life
by

The bible admonishes us not to be ignorant of the devices of the Devil:

Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices. (2Co 2:11)

Unfortunately, this is not the case as many Christians have ended up falling into trouble as a result of one device or the other of the enemy.

In this article we want to look at the various ways the enemy seeks to ensnare Gods children. We will also list out steps one needs to take towards ensuring not ending up a victim.

Let us first examine certain devices outlined in the bible that relate subject: Trap- this is a device set to catch a victim without the latters prior knowledge or consent. A snare, on the other hand refers to the act of luring one into a trap. There are times however in the bible when the two words are used interchangeably.

Fowler, an obsolete word, refers to the person who sets the trap and seeks to ensnare victims. Modern bible translations rightly replace this word with hunter. A net on the other hand, like a trap, is a device used to catch victims.

So far we have gathered that from the bible perspective devices used by Satan include snares, traps, fowlers and evil nets.

The main objective of the fowler (in this case Satan or anyone he seeks to use directly or remotely) is to lure or ensnare one into a trap. Let us look at the various means through which a man can be snared:

HOW A MAN CAN BE ENSNARED

1) By the words of ones mouth
A lot of people have ended up in trouble as a result of what they have said. Many people have revealed secrets of their lives and destinies to their enemies through unnecessary conversations. Others have unconsciously re-programmed their lives into trouble through negative confessions. Remember, the case of the Israelite elders? They got exactly what they confessed:

Exodus 14:12
Is not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians? For it had been better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness.

At the end of the day they did die in the wilderness but not until God demonstrated His power to take them to the Promised Land. They died at the border.

Getting people to stumble through saying what they should not say has been a major pastime of Satan. The book of Isaiah states:

Isaiah 29:21
That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of nought.

Another translation of the same verse states:

Isaiah 29:21
Those who make people sin with words, those who lay traps for judges, those who, without any reason, deny justice to people who are in the right.

This reveals that there is a deliberate attempt by the kingdom of darkness to ensnare us by the words of our mouth. No wonder the bible states in James that a man should be swift to hear and slow to speak:

Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to hear, slow to wrath. (James 1:19)

The book of proverbs has a lot to say about the subject. Proverbs 18:7 states:

A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul. (Proverbs 18:7)

An example of a man who put himself in trouble as a result of the word of his mouth was King Ahab.

In his encounter with King Benhadad of Syria although God gave Ahab the victory in battle, he still lost as result of what he said. Let us look at how the bible records the incident:

1 Kings 20:31-43
(31) And his servants said unto him, Behold now, we have heard that the kings of the house of Israel are merciful kings: let us, I pray thee, put sackcloth on our loins, and ropes upon our heads, and go out to the king of Israel: peradventure he will save thy life.
(32) So they girded sackcloth on their loins, and put ropes on their heads, and came to the king of Israel, and said, Thy servant Benhadad saith, I pray thee, let me live. And he said, is he yet alive? he is my brother.
(33) Now the men did diligently observe whether any thing would come from him, and did hastily catch it: and they said, Thy brother Benhadad. Then he said, Go ye, bring him. Then Benhadad came forth to him; and he caused him to come up into the chariot.
(34) And Benhadad said unto him, the cities, which my father took from thy father, I will restore; and thou shalt make streets for thee in Damascus, as my father made in Samaria. Then said Ahab, I will send thee away with this covenant. So he made a covenant with him, and sent him away.
(35) And a certain man of the sons of the prophets said unto his neighbour in the word of the LORD, Smite me, I pray thee. And the man refused to smite him.
(36) Then said he unto him, because thou hast not obeyed the voice of the LORD, behold, as soon as thou art departed from me, a lion shall slay thee. And as soon as he was departed from him, a lion found him, and slew him.
(37) Then he found another man, and said, smite me, I pray thee. And the man smote him, so that in smiting he wounded him.
(38) So the prophet departed, and waited for the king by the way, and disguised himself with ashes upon his face.
(39) And as the king passed by, he cried unto the king: and he said, Thy servant went out into the midst of the battle; and, behold, a man turned aside, and brought a man unto me, and said, Keep this man: if by any means he be missing, then shall thy life be for his life, or else thou shalt pay a talent of silver.
(40) And as thy servant was busy here and there, he was gone. And the king of Israel said unto him, so shall thy judgment be; thyself hast decided it.
(41) And he hasted, and took the ashes away from his face; and the king of Israel discerned him that he was of the prophets.
(42) And he said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Because thou hast let go out of thy hand a man whom I appointed to utter destruction, therefore thy life shall go for his life, and thy people for his people.
(43) And the king of Israel went to his house heavy and displeased, and came to Samaria.


Another example of a person who got into trouble due to the words of his mouth is Esau.

Genesis 25:29-34
(29) And Jacob sod pottage: and Esau came from the field, and he was faint:
(30) And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom.
(31) And Jacob said; Sell me this day thy birthright.
(32) And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?
(33) And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob.
(34) Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentiles; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright.

In this passage nothing was physically exchanged from Esau to Jacob. (The only exchange was the porridge from Jacob to Esau). Esau only made a statement. He however, failed to realise that words are powerful. By agreeing to sell his birthright he had set in motion a force in the spiritual realm that would transfer his physical entitlements to his brother.

It was not until later that Esau realised the extent of the mistake he had made. (Please read Blessings and Birthrights for more on this story.)

The devil even sought to trap are Lord Jesus with the same strategy- by getting him to err through the words of his mouth. The book of Mark records:

Mark 12:13-17
(13) And they send unto him certain of the Pharisees and of the Herodians, to catch him in his words.
(14) And when they were come, they say unto him, Master, we know that thou art true, and carest for no man: for thou regardest not the person of men, but teachest the way of God in truth: Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not?
(15) Shall we give, or shall we not give? But he, knowing their hypocrisy, said unto them, why tempt ye me? Bring me a penny, that I may see it.
(16) And they brought it. And he saith unto them, whose is this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Caesar's.
(17) And Jesus answering said unto them, render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

Usually, the Pharisees and Herodians do not see eye to eye. The Pharisees believed that the Jews should run a separate state controlled by their leader (The messiah).

However, the Herodians were loyal to Herod and to Caesars leadership. In this passage if Jesus said they should give tribute to Caesar the Pharisees would have declared him any enemy of the Jews and claim he did not want their independence. This would have served as a good selling point for their cause to have Jesus discredited among his followers.

If however, He said that they should not pay tribute to Caesar the Herodians would have tagged him an enemy of Herod and Caesar, giving them a reason to ask for the latter to arrest him.

For this reason though enemies, they came together with the view of catching a common enemy.

Jesus read through the device and let them understand that though their money could go to whomever they wished, the body heart and soul of man- being created in the image of God,- must be rendered to Him. This was a response that neither party could fault:

Please take these prayer points:

Every evil union between my enemies in order to harm me shall not prosper in the name of Jesus.
Oh Lord, deliver from saying things that can put me into trouble in the name of Jesus.

Another example of Satan seeking to snare one through what he said is that of Job. The bible records that in all Job did he did not sin against God by saying what he should not:

Job 1:22
(22) In this entire Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.

Job 2:9
(9) Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? Curse God, and die.

In essence the objective of Satan in his attack on Job was to get the latter to blaspheme against God.

2) By where a man steps into

Another way Satan sets snares for a person is where they go to in life. As a child of God you are not expected to go to just anywhere except you are on a divine assignment or you go their in advancement of Gods kingdom.

For instance, a born-again Christian who steps into an adult (pornographic) shop is looking for trouble. Likewise a person who has been delivered from the spirit of alcohol that follows a friend to the pub is opening the door for such spirits to re-enter despite the fact that he may only request for a soda!

No wonder the book of Jeremiah states:

Let a cry be heard from their houses, when thou shalt bring a troop suddenly upon them: for they have digged a pit to take me, and hid snares for my feet. (Jeremiah 18:22)

Brethren, we should realise that just as we leave physical fingerprints wherever we go we also leave spiritual finger and footprints behind also!

Anytime you venture into the enemies territory on a mission not designed by God the enemy takes note. In future it could be used as a legal ground to attack you or as a barrier to hinder your prayers from being answered. We need to repent of any sin based upon the places we have visited in the past (Voodoo priest, voodoo markets, clubs etc) etc and ask the blood of Jesus to erase any record in the spiritual realm of such visits. It is not enough to just stop going!

It does not matter even if you did not participate in anything evil at the places in question. Do you realise that there are spiritual cameras and video recorders too. How do you think God keeps a record of all we have done since childhood? There is nothing man has invented today that was not first put to use in the spiritual realm.

3) Where you live and the people you live with

Where you live and the people you live with also matters. If you are living a holy life and you live in the midst of harlots and drunkards you are not helping yourself. Or if you have had problems with drugs in the past and you relocate a new apartment with drug dealers as neighbours what could end up happening?

This is why the Lord warned the Israelites in the book of Exodus:

Exodus 34:12
(12) Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou guest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee:


Why is it so important that you pray very well before relocating? The devil will always try to get you to move with the wrong crowd. The same goes for those you allow to live with you, they could influence you or your children wrongly.

4) What you buy, or receive.

Many have fallen into snares through possessions. The things we buy or receive as gifts from others could put us into trouble. Paintings, ornaments, images and even articles of clothing could all serve as spiritual snares. It is not just everything you come across that you can put into your house. You need to ask God for the spirit of discernment.

Some images represent symbols of strange gods. If you put such things in you home, or wear clothes with such images you are only inviting the devil into you life. The death of Rachael in the bible was occasioned by the fact that she stole her fathers images leading to a curse being placed upon her:


Genesis 31:32-34
(32) With whomsoever thou findest thy gods, let him not live: before our brethren discern thou what is thine with me, and take it to thee. For Jacob knew not that Rachel had stolen them.
(33) And Laban went into Jacob's tent, and into Leah's tent, and into the two maidservants' tents; but he found them not. Then went he out of Leah's tent, and entered into Rachel's tent.
(34) Now Rachel had taken the images, and put them in the camel's furniture, and sat upon them. And Laban searched all the tent, but found them not.


Though Laban was deceived Satan was not. He recorded the curse issued by Jacob. Not too long after Rachel died. If it was not for the fact that God wanted her to give birth to Benjamin probably she would have died earlier.

Genesis 35:17-19
(17) And it came to pass, when she was in hard labour that the midwife said unto her Fear not; thou shalt have this son also.
(18) And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.
(19) And Rachel died, and was buried in the way to Ephrath, which is Bethlehem.

The impact of this error becomes more startling when one realises that out of all the Patriarchs and their wives from Abrahams dynasty it was only Rachel that was not buried in the cave purchased by Abraham in Hebron.

Genesis 49:29-31
(29) And he charged them, and said unto them, I am to be gathered unto my people: bury me with my fathers in the cave that is in the field of Ephron the Hittite,
(30) In the cave that is in the field of Machpelah, which is before Mamre, in the land of Canaan, which Abraham bought with the field of Ephron the Hittite for a possession of a burying place.
(31) There they buried Abraham and Sarah his wife; there they buried Isaac and Rebekah his wife; and there I buried Leah.

What was Rachael doing with the gods/images of her father in the first place? Do not take into your possession that which will become a snare to your household and family. Please take the following prayer points:

I shall not take that which will become a snare into my household in the name of Jesus.

Whatever is in my possession giving Satan a legal ground to attack me be exposed and destroyed in the name of Jesus.


5) Through fear

Fear creates a very effective snare for Satan to use against people. Many find themselves destroying themselves before destruction comes calling- killing themselves before death comes knocking- through the introduction of fear.

Fear is a sprit. Once it gets into a persons life it will make the person make wrong choices and take wrong decisions. The bible states in the book of Isaiah:


Isaiah 24:17-18
(17) Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.
(18) And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.


Here we are told that fear, pit and the snares of life work hand in hand. They are all designed to destroy the lives of Gods children.

6) Covenants and promises made

Snares are easily set for people through the making of covenants and wrong promises. It was a covenant that got Esau into trouble with Jacob. Japheth made a covenant that saw him sacrifice his own daughter. Satan tries to get us to make vows we cannot meet up with in order to put us in trouble with God. Proverbs states:


It is a snare to the man who devoureth that which is holy, and after vows to make enquiry. (Proverbs 20:25)

From this scripture we gather that many, after making a pledge to God, go and find out if it is one they can really keep. This is a snare in itself!

7) Disobedience to God

If we disobey God it becomes a snare to our lives. The bible says in Isaiah:

Isaiah 42:22-24
(22) But this is a people robbed and spoiled; they are all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison houses: they are for a prey, and none delivereth; for a spoil, and none saith, Restore.
(23) Who among you will give ear to this? Who will hearken and hear for the time to come?
(24) Who gave Jacob for a spoil and Israel to the robbers? Did not the LORD, he against whom we have sinned? For they would not walk in his ways, neither were they obedient unto his law.


Here we are told that we do not walk in the ways of the Lord we shall be allowed by God to fall into a snare.


THOSE WHO SET SNARES FOR PEOPLE

Having looked at how people fall into snares let us look at those who set snares for people.

i) Neighbours
A man that flattereth his neighbour spreadeth a net for his feet.
(Proverbs 29:5)

ii) The Devil

1 Timothy 3:7
(7) Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

2 Timothy 2:24-26
(24) And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
(25) In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
(26) And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

iii) Enemies and Unfriendly friends

These refer to those who pretend to be our friends but whom Satan is using to attack us. Micah despised David for doing what pleased God. She wanted him to consider himself more important than his subjects and to be full of pride. As seen earlier, Jobs wife told him to curse God and die. Satan did not destroy her so that he could use her to tempt him. The case of Ahab who was lead astray by his wife, Jezebel also comes to mind.

IV) False prophets

HOW CAN WE AVOID SATANIC SNARES AND TRAPS

i) Pray constantly

We need to be prayerful. Everyday the enemy is seeking to snare our lives even if we are living a holy life.

A man of God was asked to go and pray for a sister who had just separated from her husband. From her office she invited him home and since she lived with her children he did not see any danger. Somewhere along the line the sister tried to tempt the man into sleeping with her. On each occasion he refused. One day when the sister realised how adamant this man of God was she started to cry. She blamed the incident on the Devil and asked the man to pray to God for her forgiveness.

She said her only fear was that the man of God would abandon her as others that sought to help her had done in the past. She also feared that he may tell her friend who introduce them to each other what happened. The man promised not to do either of such, pledging to pray for her. He said he understood what she was going through.

The sister went on to narrate a lot of negative things about the sister that introduced her to the man of God. She claimed the latter encouraged her to have illegal affairs and live an ungodly life. This strained the relationship between the man of God and the sister, making it difficult for him to confide in her.

Then one day the sister turned around and told the man of God on phone she does not want to see him again.

Little did he realise that each time he went to the sisters office and house the latter called her friend to tell her. She went as far as stating that this man of God was dating her and that when she got tired of the relationship she told him to get out of her life.

The mutual friend was disappointed and told others (including those who attended the man of Gods church) about the story. Although some stopped attending the church because of what they were told no one confronted or asked the man for his own side of the story.

Latter, when the Man of God got round to hear the rumours of how he had reportedly kept a girl friend he tried to explain his own side of the story to the mutual friend. But already the deed had been done. Many had left the church already. Others blamed the man for going to the sister house in the first place and keeping quite when she started misbehaving. The mutual friend also did not believe him.

This man was victim of a satanic snare designed to undermine his ministry.
And all the while he thought he was helping the sister!

BE WATCHFUL
Jesus said we should watch and pray:

Matthew 26:41
(41) Watch and pray that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Most Christians are prayerful but how many of us are watchful? How many take note of those tell tale signs that indicate that there is trouble in a relationship or a business venture?

HOW TO COME OUT OF A SNARE

And finally brethren we will look at how you can come out of a snare once you realise you have fallen into one:

I) Look unto God.
The bible states in psalm 25:15


Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net. (Psalms 25:15)

In other words even if you fall into the net of the enemy the Lord will bring you out. Also, in Isaiah 49 He reveals that if you are captured legally by the devil He will deliver you:

Isaiah 49:24-26
(24) Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered?
(25) But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children.
(26) And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

ii) Study and meditate on his word

2 Timothy 2:15-16
(15) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
(16) But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

iii) Listen to good counsel

2 Timothy 2:24-26
(24) And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
(25) In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
(26) And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will:

There are also cases where people form evil networks to ensure children of God fall into sin. This is where you have a group of people coming together to work towards ones down fall. This was seen at work against the ministry of Paul:


Acts 23:12-14
(12) And when it was day, certain of the Jews banded together, and bound themselves under a curse, saying that they would neither eat nor drink till they had killed Paul.
(13) And they were more than forty which had made this conspiracy.
(14) And they came to the chief priests and elders, and said, We have bound ourselves under a great curse, that we will eat nothing until we have slain Paul.

Brethren if they tried it with Jesus and Paul how much more will Satan not try to do the same with those of us who are called by His name? May the Lord in his mercy deliver us from the snares and traps of the enemy in Jesus name. Amen.

Please in conclusion take the following prayer points:

I shall not fall a victim of the snares and traps of the enemy in the name of Jesus.
Every satanic snare set for my life fail in Jesus name.
Every evil network seeking my downfall scatter by fire in the name of Jesus.
Oh Lord, deliver me from any satanic snare or pit I have fallen into.
Traps set for me, my life is not your candidate, catch your owner in the name of Jesus.



Postscript: Repent and believe, remember hell is real, heaven is real. No matter how long we spend here on earth it cannot be compared to the time we shall spend in eternity. Hebrews 12:14 states: Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord.

Pastor, Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, Angel Branch (MFM Angel) 
Unit 2/3 Packington Sq, Packington St, Off Essex Road,  N1 7PS, Angel , Islington, London , UK. 
 Tel: 07913586145 
  e-mail: [email protected]
Copyright: Flaming Fire Publications All rights reserved

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print