KEEPING TRACK WITH TIME
by Michael McBuba

'How time flies!' Perhaps, this is one of the easiest catch-phrase that most upwardly mobile people can very easily identify with, and very frequently use.

You wake up nowadays in the morning, thinking that time is still very much on your side; but by the time you are through with your toilets and taking your bath, you discover that it is already well past 7:00 am, and then the mad, frenetic rush begins! It is the scramble to beat deadlines, meet up with urgent appointments and schedules, and generally, get to the office or work place early enough!

On the particular morning of penning down the foregoing thoughts, my 4 year-old daughter caught me muttering angrily to myself when I discovered quite suddenly that it was already past 7 am, and I was yet to even commence dressing up!

The inquisitive youngster queried, "Daddy, what are you saying to yourself?" Slightly caught off-guard, I shot back at her with a sly twinkly-wink in my eyes, "O sweetheart, it's nothing serious!" I immediately caught hold of myself, silently cautioning myself to take it easy.

Time, they say, is like a cruel mistress. She knows no pity, compassion or sympathy. She is a traumatic taskmaster; an enfant terrible tyrant! How apt and how accurate! This is all the more reason why we must all learn the painful but necessary art of how to keep track of it, especially because, one day, we would all have to account for the borrowed time that we have used up during our earthly life time! Let's also remember the scripture where we are reminded that "Our times are in His hands" (Psalm 31:15a).

Pastor Michael McBuba gave his life to Jesus Christ some twenty-nine years ago. 
He is joyfully married to Pastor Christie, and they are blessed with two lovely daughters, Iyanu-Virtue (Foster) and Madeleine-Nkem-Pelum (Biological). 
He is an Admin Staff of HSFL, and worships with the RCCG, Lagos.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print