But You Do Have To Love Them
by Rik Charbonneaux

"If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18 KJV

 

What an experience it is sometimes to look across a crowd of folks as they are coming into church, with a few being dressed in fine attire and most being dressed in clothes that are more casual than their attitudes. You see some Moms are trying to keep their little ones gathered and orderly, and a few Dads softly saying their weekly "hello" again to the old couple behind them, and you see some who never say hello to anyone. Kindness and smiles are seen extended to friends and strangers as well. In silence, you ask yourself "So this is the Body of Christ, my spiritual companions for eternity?".

 

The answer is one that is as timeless as our Savior's existence: these are those who the Lord has gathered unto himself for an inheritance. The same Spirit of Adoption that sealed you as a child of God has brought them in as well, all being bought with the blood of our Lord Jesus. You don't have to feel that you have known them forever, nor enjoy their company. While it is better to like them than not, you do have to love them, for they are the Lord's as are you. If you maintain peoples best interests in mind as you financially, physically and verbally effect all whose paths cross yours, you have the right attitude toward the living the answer to the question "So this is the Body of Christ?". Ours is not to cull the Body of Christ, but to serve the building of it, and there is no higher honor than to be given the commission do so. Whatsoever you do today within the Body of Christ will truly echo into eternity, that is written.



Rik Charbonneaux is a retired NE Iowan who loves all of God's Word and all of His creatures.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print