Captive Audience
by PamFord Davis

We seek the apt attention of others, especially when we have something important to communicate. To be realistic, that seldom happens. We live in a noisy world, including background sounds of television and music; some of the message is muffled.

Distractions cause other problems. Maybe a coworker comes in, the telephone or doorbell rings interrupting the conversation. Often the listener is oblivious to the speaker or the importance of the message conveyed.

Any pastor or public speaker is well aware of that problem. Our minds wander.

Concentrate as I set the scene of this Bible story. Paul and Silas are in a prison…

"But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them (Acts 16:25 NKJV)."

Their fellow prisoners (those in captivity) listened.

Instead of moaning and groaning, Paul and Silas took an unusual stand. They chose singing, praise and worship. Complaining would have likely been ignored by other prisoners. Yet, they listened to their prayers and singing.

My response to trouble, the reaction is my personal choice. If I choose wisely, I may discover that I have ‘a captive audience.’

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print