Mini-devotion for Friday, June 23, 2017
by Greg Miller

Proverbs 11:25, KJV, “ The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.” The word “liberal” in political speak has come to mean a variety of things to different people. In this passage, however, there is a connotation of generosity included with the message. The generous souls shall be made “fat.” The word fat has a connotation of being made satisfied or being anointed. He that “watereth” is generously and abundantly satisfying the thirst of others and, we are told here, will be repaid in similar fashion. The Scripture, Matthew 10:41-42, is just coming to me, “He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward. And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.” Today, may we utilize our opportunities on various Social Media platforms, as well as in other areas of our lives, to concentrate on lifting others up…emotionally, spiritually, financially, etc., and in so doing, bless the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to the nations.



By Greg Miller  2018

 Greg is retired from the Elizabethton STAR Newspaper, after working there for almost 23 years. He now freelances for the paper. Contact email address is [email protected], also facebook.com/kidcool4jesus. Available for speaking engagements/other ministries. Jesus is Lord

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print