The Power Of Giving To Others To Receive From God
by Ngozi Nwoke

Have you been asking God for something and it seems as if it is not forth coming? Many times, Christians bury themselves in their challenges to the point they sometimes think that God has forgotten them. I have good news for you if you are part of those people, God can never leave you nor forsake you. This article shares what you should do to provoke God's intervention in your life.

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." - Hebrews 13:5 (NKJV).

Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you - Luke 6:38 (NKJV).

And the LORD restored Job's losses when he prayed for his friends. Indeed the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before - Job 42:10

Everyone faces one challenge or the other at some points in his or her life. What determines how fast you overcome is your faith in God. There is nothing impossible or difficult for our God (Luke 1:37, Jeremiah 32:27). The challenge is that many Christians dwell in their problems and so are blinded to God's outstretched hands towards them. They actually say to God through their thoughts, actions and words, "You can't help me". Hebrews 11:6 says that without faith it is impossible to please God, this means without faith you can't receive from God.

When you dwell in your challenge, the word of God is inactive in you even though you know what it says concerning your situation. Dwelling in your challenge also robs you of your joy, which is what you use to draw from the well of salvation (Isaiah 12:3). Furthermore, it gives you the wrong picture. When you picture victory over that challenge you get victory (Jeremiah 1:12). "What do I do", you may ask me. I will say, give to others especially when you are challenged.

Giving to others

The best thing you can do when you are facing a challenge is to look for who to give what you have, which includes your time, energy, money and material possessions. This gets you out of the flesh into the Spirit realm where there is joy and peace (Galatians 5:22-23). It takes you away from self-pity to thinking about others. When you give to people you are lending to God Who will surely pay you back in a multiplied form (Proverbs 19:17). Giving is of God and draws God's attention (Luke 6:38). It helps you to focus on things that please God rather than your challenge. Furthermore, the effect of your giving will build up your faith for your own miracle when you allow God to use you as a miracle for another person. Your giving to people will attract thanksgiving to God, which in turn will provoke God to bless you (2 Corinthians 9:11).

Examples of those who provoked God's intervention through giving to others

The scriptures tell the story of people who gave to others and they received what they needed most in their lives. I will share some here.

Sarah

Sarah needed a child but for years it was as if God was slack in fulfilling His promise, though He is not (2 Peter 3:9). But one day, she and her husband Abraham welcomed strangers in their home and shared their food, water and shelter with them without knowing who they were. After this act of theirs, God promised them a son who came nine months later as Isaac (Genesis 18:1-15).

The Widow of Zarephath

The widow of Zarephath was preparing her last meal to eat with her son and die during a terrible famine. But she obeyed Elijah's instruction to make for him first and then make for herself and her son afterwards. When she prepared her last meal for the prophet, God saw to it that she never lacked food all through the famine. Also, because she accommodated Elijah, when her son died Elijah was around to revive her son.  The widow gave what she had and enjoyed abundance of food all through the famine and also received her son back to life during that period - (1 Kings 17:8-24)

The Shunammite woman

The shunammite woman also didn't have children but was wealthy. She noticed that Prophet Elisha regularly visited her city and she offered to always host him with her husband any time he visited their city.  They built him a room and furnished it so that he would always be comfortable. Then, one day, the Prophet started wondering how to be a blessing to her too. God remembered her that day and gave her a son and when the enemy came and snatched the child from her, God restored him back to life through the Prophet Elisha (2 Kings 4:8-37).

Job

Job during his challenge prayed for his friends and God turned around his captivity and he received twice as much of what he had before (Job 42:10). At this time, I will encourage you to take a leaf from Job and decide to pray for others instead of that challenge. Look for the people around you who are also going through one challenge or the other, and pray for them earnestly. You will discover that in no distant time, your case too will be changed. This brings me to a testimony I heard some time ago.

A childless couple

A couple believed God for children for a long time. One day, they decided to change their approach to it. They told God, "If you won't give us children, give us souls". They earnestly prayed for the salvation of souls (which is the heart beat of God) and also went out to preach Christ to the un-saved souls. They won many souls to Christ and helped them to be established in faith. One day, they realized that God had visited the woman as He visited Sarah. She conceived and bore her own child. They took their minds off the challenge and focused them on snatching people away from the devil. They went about bearing spiritual children and God gave them their own physical child.

In conclusion, there is nothing too hard for God, your case inclusive. Choose to put your mind off that challenge and focus it on being a blessing to someone and you will see God turning your captivity around. Start today and tomorrow will be your testimony day.



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print