Can You Lose Your Salvation?
by lareina morgan

The question comes up a lot in the church of God: Can you lose your salvation? The question is not one that is clearly a yes or no answer, because of our brokeness and our inability to see people as they really are. How do you know that you are saved? What is the proof of your conversion?


Some people believe that a person is saved by becoming a member of a church, going to church services every sunday and doing some 'good' deeds, but my question for this scenario would be, has this person made a profession of faith, have they accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior? When they made their profession of faith, was there any evidence of a change in their lives, had they become kind and giving, selfless and humble?



Matthew 7:19-23 “Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'”



We see evidence of what seems like salvation, but there are too many inside the church who are just 'playing church' - we all need to look deeper than the surface of a person's life to find the truth of what they believe in their hearts.


Matthew 24:9-13 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.”




The real church will be separated from the false church, and those who were 'playing' church will stop their playing, because there will come a time when living the life a christian will be too hard for those who do not have a sincere faith in Jesus Christ. You will know who is saved by their actions; they will endure until the end because of their love for Jesus.



1 Timothy 4:1 “The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.”



A false doctrine is being preached and accepted into some people's hearts; it is a 'gospel' that they want and like to hear; to be called a true disciple of Jesus Christ is to love His word, and to be guided by its wisdom. Following in His footsteps means believing in His word, and living your life by His word.




Hebrews 6:4-6 “It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.”



Hebrews 10:26-31 “If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know him who said, ‘It is mine to avenge; I will repay,’ and again, ‘The Lord will judge his people.’ It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”



These two scripture seem to indicate that, yes, you can lose your salvation, but it is for those who know the word of grace is true, but they decide they want to live outside the will of God. They are rebels, and not really interested in living their lives for God. Unfortunately, there are many people who pretend to believe and live their lives as christians; they talk a good talk, they can quote many bible verses, but they will never allow the Lord to change their hearts.




These are the people that curse God with their mouths, and they call good things, 'bad', and bad things, 'good'. They will declare to the world that God isn't real, and will do everything to discredit Jesus Christ and the word of God. Their conscience is seared, and they don't hear the Holy Spirit knocking on the door of their heart anymore, because the Holy Spirit has abandoned them like they have abandoned the Lord.



Do you believe in Jesus Christ? Did you profess faith in Him, and did you accept Him as your Lord and Savior? Do you love Him? Great, you are His forever and ever, and no man will be able to take you out of His hand, even though you are not perfect, even though you might have problems living the christian live from time to time, even though you may fail and fall into sin. The Lord knows your heart, you are His, and as long as you are willing to believe in Him and live for Him, He will believe in you, love you, and protect you. He will lift you up from your fall and give you the strength and the power to defeat that sin, so that you will have the victory, and He will get the Glory from your life.



If you love Him. you have nothing to fear; Praise God everyday in everything that you do, because He will never leave you or forsake you, and you will get to live with Him forever and ever, in peace, love, and joy!



from the true world of God Blog
https://learningtoliveandloveinthewordofgod.blogspot.com/


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print