Truth Spoken In Jest (1)-Doubt Vs Trust
by Fenny West


A man in a remote village went fishing. He tried for long and caught nothing, so to overcome his boredom, he decided to test his climbing skill. Up he clambered a very tall tree which had branches hanging over a deep river. He ignored signs stating that unsupervised climbing was prohibited.

Unfortunately he slipped and fell but managed to hang on to a branch on his way down. However, he was still far from danger as he hung in the balance. All he could see below him was the river rushing through with all sorts- debris, excrement etc.
It was all quiet around. In fact it seemed he was the only one in the world. He wondered what best to do.
He cried out: 'Help! Is there anyone there?'
There was an eerie silence.

He could now see blood dripping down his forehead from cuts he had sustained as he plunged down.
In desperation he hollered again: 'Somebody please help me-e-e-e-e!'

Suddenly he heard a voice. 'Hey! Can I help you?'

'Yes, please' he replied. But he could not see any one around and so he inquired, 'and who are you?'

Back came the reply: 'I am the Lord, let go!'

With great disgust, desperation and anguish on his face, he cried out louder, 'IS THERE ANY OTHER PERSON OUT THER-E-E-E?!'

Lessons
Don't ignore warnings signs in the Bible. They are there for your own safety- not to kill your fun.
Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. (2Tim2:22)

Patience is a fruit of the spirit which sprouts in the soil of trial.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law (Gal.5:22-23.)
The patient dog eats the fattest bone. Patience is a virtue. Your patience will be tested. Will you pass the test?

Often we brag that we have faith until we are put in a position to demonstrate that faith in a corresponding action.

But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do
(James 2:18)

Trust in the Lord at all times. 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.(Prov.3:5-6)

The just shall live by faith.
17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith ( Rom. 1:17, Hab.2:4, Gal3:11 Heb.10:38)


Let us pray:

Lord, help me to believe your word and act on it. Teach me to observe danger signs and heed your warning.




Copy it rightly

www.inspiration4generations.com

[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print