Strange Sounds
by PamFord Davis

We had been out of town all day; tired, we were and on the last leg of the drive back home. Sensing a problem, my husband Norm turned down the car radio. Either we were getting a flat tire or the strange sounds we were hearing came from the rural road. As much as I hated to go along with his first choice, I was in agreement.

Boom!

That settled it; we had a flat tire. Norm got out of the driver’s seat and went to the trunk for the spare tire. A Good Samaritan slowed while passing, asking if he could help. I was impressed. Soon after, a farmer pulled up behind us in his pickup truck. He explained that he was there to run interference.

Now that I think of it, his bright red truck would draw the attention of oncoming traffic.

Overhearing his friendly conversation with Norm, he certainly got ‘my’ attention. He stayed at the scene until the spare tire was on our car. Grateful for favorable circumstances, we wheeled our way home. It was daylight; it wasn’t raining and we were not in city traffic when Norm had to change the tire.

We take the turning of wheels for granted.

“And the Egyptians pursued, and went in after them to the midst of the sea, even all Pharaoh's horses, his chariots, and his horsemen.

And it came to pass, that in the morning watch the Lord looked unto the host of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and troubled the host of the Egyptians,

And took off their chariot wheels, that they drave them heavily: so that the Egyptians said, Let us flee from the face of Israel; for the Lord fighteth for them against the Egyptians (Exodus 14:23-25 KJV).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print