Wisdom To Stop Labouring In Vain
by Ngozi Nwoke

Are you building in vain? Are you putting much effort and seeing little or no result? This is not God's plan for you, His plan is that you prosper in the works of your hands (Deuteronomy 28:8). This article gives the wisdom to apply to stop laboring in vain.

Unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; unless the LORD guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain - Psalms 127:1 (NKJV).

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths - Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV).

Are you building in vain? Are you putting much effort and seeing little or no result? This is not God's plan for you, His plan is that you prosper in the works of your hands (Deuteronomy 28:8). This post gives the wisdom to apply to stop laboring in vain.

Unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; unless the LORD guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain - Psalms 127:1 (NKJV).

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths - Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV).

Many Christians are putting in much energy, time and money to their endeavor, only to reap below their expectation. This leads to frustration in life. However, there are some Christians who put in less energy, time and money and yet reap beyond their imagination. The difference is the personality that is the main builder.

The scriptures in Psalm 127:1 says that except the Lord builds a house, those working on it will only labour in vain; and if the Lord does not watch over a city, the watchman will only be awake in vain. It is therefore wisdom to make the Lord the main builder.

Let God be the builder and you the labourer. God is the Alpha and the Omega (Revelations 1:8), the only wise God (1 Timothy 1:17) and the creator of the whole universe (Genesis 1:1); therefore, He is the best personality to be at the head of your affairs. It is wisdom to allow God to pave the way, set the pace and direct you in your endeavor. God can never make mistakes and no force can stand or stop Him; also, nothing is difficult for Him (Jeremiah 32:27). So, your duty is to follow Him and work as instructed by Him.

When you make yourself the main builder, then you have to be the one to chart your own course which will be full of errors and uncertainty since you can't see or know what is ahead of you, neither do you know the end. Furthermore, you lack the power to fight the forces of opposition (Ephesians 6:12) that will arise against you. All these lead to you labouring and watching in vain.

It is best to seek God's will concerning that work, trust Him with all your heart to do the best for you. Don't lean on your own understanding of the situation and acknowledge Him in all your ways. Be sensitive to the Lord's leading so that you won't miss any instructions of His, and ultimately choose to obey Him completely.

This choice to obey completely is the beauty of Christianity - abiding in the vine as a branch (John 15:4), allowing the vine to do the main work while you simply obey instructions so as to bear fruit. God built the descendants of Abraham (the Israelites) because he completely trusted and obeyed the Lord (Genesis 12:1-4, Genesis 22:15-18). Uzziah became great because he was marvelously helped by God (2 chronicles 26:1-15).

In conclusion, you need the help of God if your labour is not to be in vain. God is the master-builder and it is wisdom to engage His help if fruitful labour is your desire.



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print