ARE YOU AWARE OF THESE FOUR THINGS?
by Olawale Ogunsola

Knowing and receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour is not the end of faith but the starting point of a life-time journey. A child born toady should not remain as it is now, five or more (months) years later. Those who are associated with such a child will be seriously concerned and will not hesitate to take any necessary steps to ensure that the child experiences all necessary changes.

 

      That is growth!

 

     Apostle Paul had the same concern for the church in Colosse. He recommended what would ensure their growth and standing in Christ thus,

     “As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord,

     So walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established

     in faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.”   Colossians 2:6-7 NKJV

 

     As a child needs certain things for growth, as the Apostle recommended for Colossians in dark as to what they should be aware of. These are things that are detrimental to their spiritual health and growth.

 

     What are these things?

 

  1. Christians are not to live according to any human philosophy. You as a christian must not believe in any philosophical statements to control your life. You are supposed to live on the truth and not on facts. You are to live in faith. No human philosophy should have influence on you.

 

  1. Empty deceit. There are lots of deceit in the world today. If you are not very careful, you can easily fall prey. Jesus Christ Himself warned in Matthew 24:24, when He was teaching about the events that would herald his coming,

“For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible even the elect. Falsehood and deceit are the signs of the end-time. Therefore, you must be aware of all forms of empty deceit.

 

 Watch!

 

  1. Tradition of men. You must be able to distinguish between Christ’s tradition and that of men. Good ideas are not necessarily God’s ideas. No matter how good the tradition is, beware of it. “What does the Holy Bible says?” must be what you must do. Every tradition of men contradicts that of God. To observe men’s tradition is to do contrary to the will of God. This is punishable because it is disobedience. Read this about the Lord’s people’s disobedience,

“Inasmuch as these people draw near with their mouths

And honor me with their lips,

But have removed their hearts far from me,

And their fear toward me is taught

By the commanment of men.”   Isaiah 29:13. NKJV.

     This becomes clearer by the conversation between Jesus Christ and the Religious leaders of His days. They acussed Jesus, “Why do your disciples trangress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.?” Jesus answered, “Why do you also trangress the commandment of God because of your tradition?... this you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition.”   Matt 15:2-6. NKJV.

 

   Beware!

 

  1. Rudiments of the world. Kingdom of God citizen have their own system while the world has its own. Are you a kingdom citizen? If yes, heed the words of Apostle Paul,

“Even so we, when we were children of the world.

But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage?”   Gal 4:3,9 NKJV.

     To summarise this, to love every rudiments (elements) of the world is to opt for slavery. Do you want absolute freedom offered by Christ? Do not seek wordly elements.

     Be heaven focussed. Your citizenship is in heaven, patiently wait for the coming of Jesus Christ.

     Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord.

     Shalom!

NOTE : All Scriptures quoted are taken from New Kings James Version of the Bible 



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print