Misbehavior
by PamFord Davis

A word can trigger old memories.

Have you been ‘naughty?’

I remember my Mom using the word naughty. Do parents still define misbehavior as being naughty?

The heavenly Father warns us against naughtiness…

“Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls (James 1:21 KJV).”

At Christmastime, many parents tell their children Santa Claus is watching them that he knows if they are naughty or nice. Our Father is watching the young and old alike; he does know when we’ve been naughty.

“For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad (Luke 8:17 KJV).”

God sees all. He knows all.

“Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do (Hebrews 4:13 KJV).”

I don’t want to be naughty; I don’t want to misbehave.

I want to avoid sin.

There is a safeguard.

“Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee (Psalm 119:11 KJV).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print