Is Your Heart Secure?
by Kris Belfils

Is Your Heart Secure?
Psalm 112:7 8 (NIV)
"He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. His heart is secure, he will have no fear; in the end he will look in triumph on his foes."

What are you afraid of? Most of our fear is being afraid of the worst to take place. We can get caught up in the worries and lies in our minds and start to think they are real. Are you fearful of tomorrow? How about the future? Are you afraid of today and what it holds? Maybe you are fearful of the economy, or what people may think of you. All these fears are real. Thinking about them can trap us into bondage and prevent us from living our lives to the full.
We can trust God with every situation in our lives. God will not put us to shame when we trust in Him. We can put our hope in God. This brings security.
Psalm 42:5 (NIV)
"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God."
Ask your self the same question; "Why am I upset over this?" "Why am I fearful?" We need to stop looking at our circumstances and start gazing at our God. As we lift our praises up to Him, we realize how powerful He really is. Put your hope in God even if you are fearful. Walk through what you have to walk through and your fear will turn to hope, which in turn will turn to security. I know this first hand as I walked through a failure in my life and have come out the other side better for it.

When one is secure, they know no matter what happens, they will be okay, and safe. No matter what comes their way, they will land on their feet and keep walking. It is a knowing that God is always there and He sees everything. Nothing gets past His eyes.

When you find yourself in a hardship how do your respond? Do you get paralyzed with fear and tend to seclude yourself? Do you get mad at God and think He doesn't care about you. Or do you run into God's arms and rest in the comfort that He is with you in this trial, and will give you strength to endure and come out the other side?

Allow yourself to rest in the security of God's love. His love is faithful and true and He sees you. He won't let the faithful be put to shame. He has your best in mind and wants to see you reach your full potential. Learn to have a secure heart that rests in the Lord and His abilities. God is for you and never against you!

Kris Belfils
www.krisbelfils.com

Kris Belfils is an Author, Pastor, Singer/Songwriter, Speaker, and Worship Leader. She has a passion to see people transformed and set free. Her newest book, "The Garbage Man Always Comes On Fridays," is a powerful tool to help others overcome their past. www.krisbelfils.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print