Believer: Search Your Heart!
by Dinora Garza

“…He began to say unto his disciples first of all, “Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known. Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops. (Luke 12:1-3)

Had you noticed that this warning from Jesus is mainly for believers?

It serves no purpose to pretend a devotion for God that we don’t have. It is pointless because there’ll come a time when the true intentions of our hearts will be revealed to everybody. Whatever we have whispered, whatever we have done in the dark, will be proclaimed to all.

Fake love for Jesus might deceive some for a season, but it has served us only in appearance because, in the end, it will be the very thing that condemns us. It is better to recognize we do not love Jesus and search for Him with all our might, forsake our sins and find Him, rather than keep pretending we love God and go to hell.



I am a Christian. My passion is to know the Lord, and help others to understand His character and will. Read one of my blogs at: onetruthonegod.wordpress.com


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print