Do You Know Your Status?
by Olawale Ogunsola

Everyone ought to know who he is and what he has the ability to do. Failure to understand this about oneself will breed  problems, among which are, acting ultravires,impersonating another person, unnecessary struggling to take what is not right for you, and so on.

 

     If you know who you are and your satus, spiritually,socially or financially, you will be yourself anytime and anywhere. Whenever people want to ascribe another status to you, you will outrighty resist them.

 

     This was the case with John the Baptist.

 

     His father’s (Zechariahs) prophecy about him at birth described the new child as “the prophet of the Highest, “who will go” before the face of the Lord to prepare His way…” (Luke 1:76).

 

     The prophecy about Jesus Christ was, “he will be great, and will be called the son of the Highest,” Luke 1:32. NKJV

 

     As the two children grew up, they both knew their status before God, the Father. Not only this, they held on to their positions. There was never a time when John, the Baptist attempted to usurp the status and roles of the Lord Jesus Christ nor the other way round. They were steadfast on their individual roles.

 

     As usual, at a point in time, people came in to swap status between the two. They almost mistook John the Baptist for Christ but the former would not agree. The Scripture reveals,

    “I indeed baptise you with water

     unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is

     migthier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry.

     He will baptise you with the Holy Spirit and fire.”   Matt 3:11, Like 3:15-17.

     At another time, certain disciples of John the Baptist made some unnecessary comparison between John and Jesus in John’s presence. The Prophet of the most High God responded,

     “You yourselves bear me withness, that I said, “I am not the

         Christ, but, “I have been sent before Him.

     He who has the bride is the bridegroom, but the friend of the

     bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly

       because of the bridegroom’s voice. Therefore this joy of mine

     is filled.”   John 28:29-30

      He must increase but I must decrease.”   John 3:28-30. NKJV.

 

     Let me point out here that John was older (in flesh) than Jesus Christ. To many people, age differernce is enough to lord it over others younger than they are.

 

    This was not with John.

 

    Then, was John the Baptist a mere or mean man?

    No!

    Jesus Christ has this great testimony about him:

    “But what did you go out to see?

9] A prophet? Yes, I say to you and more

    than a prophet.

11) Assuredly, I say to you among those born of women

     there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist…”   Mattew 11.

 

     Do you know your own status? Do you know your strenghts and weaknesses.

Are you one of those who would covet a position they lack ability to hold? If you must be a round peg in a round hole or a square peg in a square hole, you must know your status.

     Knowing your status will also help you not to lower your self perception and esteem. It will help you to know what you should do and not to run away from it. This is not arrogance. Knowing your status surely goes with humility. Please, try to know your status and you will know how to conduct yourself anywhere and anytime.

     Stay blessed and prepared to meet the coming Lord Jesus Christ.

NOTE All Scriptures quoted are from New King James Version of the Holy Bible.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print