PREPARE FOR HARVEST
by Femi Onabanjo

“Never again, as long as the earth exists, will sowing and harvest . . . ever cease”  – Gen. 8:22

Ever since God made this promise, there has always had to be a sowing for there to be a harvest. There is a tendency to assume that between planting and harvest we can fold our arms but this is a recipe for disaster. Such a man’s field ends up being overrun by weeds and becoming a wasteland (Prov. 24:30-34). The Bible affirms that a child left to himself brings shame to his mother. There is always activity on the field of our children’s hearts. If you are not planting (Eccl. 11:6) you had better be weeding (Matt. 15:13). And if you aren’t weeding you should be pruning (John 15:2). The field is never idle. If you are not working on it, someone else is (Matt. 13:25). So take the pains to tend your child’s heart. It will require some tears and sacrifice but in the end will produce a harvest of joy (Ps. 126:5-6).



Femi is a Christian who desires to be fruitful for God. He wants to contribute to the growth of the Kingdom and to this end, it is his joy to freely share whatever the Lord lays on his heart for the benefit of others.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print