FAITH CONTAMINATORS
by Olawale Ogunsola

Some years ago, a sick young man was given some capsules to take to heal him of his ailment. A few of the capsules fell on the ground and the young man picked them. The Doctor prevented him from doing so. The reason given by the Medical Practitioner was, “It has been contaminated.”

 

     A product that should not be eaten or drunk may contaminate one that is consumable,if they are mixed, thus rendering it useless.

 

     Do you know that the same thing is applicable to the things of the spirit?

 

     It is written in Hebrew 11:1-2 thus,

     “Now faith is the substance of things

     hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

     for by it the elders obtained a good

     testimony.”

 

     If you ever want to obtain a good testimony, you must be a man of faith.

     Not only-this, if you intend to please the Creator of the Heaven and the earth, you must have faith and you will get good results.  Therefore, you must watch well. Watch for what/whom? The Faith contaminators.

 

     As you build your faith by reading the Word of God, rely on your past testimonies of God’s goodness and faithfulness to you; as well as testimonies of other people. These faith contaminators a readily available around you.

 

     WEAPONS

     Faith contaminators have their ready-made weapons. These are:

  1. Facts about yourself. 1Samuel 17:33 (a-b) reads,

     “And Saul said to David, ‘you are not able to go against this

     Philistine to fight with him; for you are a youth”

 

     That David was a youth was a fact, a seventeen years old young man. He was “by all human standards” not qualify to enlist on the army and was not in any way had the ability to fight a gaint. What do you want to achieve that someone is disqualifying you because of certain personal facts? Yours may be age, qualification or something else, stick to your goal please.

 

  1. Facts about your pursuit. This may be to overcome an obstacle or to achieve something great. Yet, facts may come from faith contaminators thus

 “… he is a man of war from his youth.”

     This was a fact about Goliath, the head of Philistines’ army who was to confront David in a battle. An unexperienced youth was about to confront an experienced warrior. Can you ever imagine the huge difference?

 

  1. Strange sugesstions of weapon. When David insisted on chasing his goal of overcoming Goliath, another unworkable suggestion emerged. King Saul said,

     “Go, and the Lord be with you!”

     So saul clothed David with his armor, and he put

     A bronze helmet on his head, he also clothed him with

     A coat of mail.”   1Samuel 17:38.

     David resisted the use of these untested weapons.Faith contaminators can come up with their own weapon or best way to achieve your goal,insist on doing itas you are led by Spirit of God.

 

  1. Senseless staement may be employed to contaminate your faith. During his trials of faith, the “best suggestion” Job’s wife could offer him was

     “Do you still hold fast to your integrity? Curse

     God and die!”   Job 2:9

     Such words may fly in your direction in your pursuit, hold on to your faith.

 

     What do you do now?

  1. Be closer to the source that surely strengthens your faith. That is the Word of God.
  2. Stand yot ground.

 “I have set the Lord always before me;

 Because He is at my right hand I

shall not be moved.”   Psalm 16:8.

   

 To do otherwise is to run after sorrows. Do you want to do this?

 

  • Move with people who can stregthen your faith. There are people near you or far who can be of help in your pursuit. A way of benefiting from those far from you is to read their faith-strengthening book(s).

 

  1. Please, confess your faith secretly and publicly. David did not fail to do this. He said,

     “The Lord, who deleiverd me from the paw

     of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will

     deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.”

     May the Lord strengthen your faith to achieve your set Godly goals in Jesus’ Name.

     Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord. 

 



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print