Old Age Spots
by PamFord Davis

It’s undeniably true; I have old age spots. I’m marked for life.

Mr. Sun has shined down on me. As I usually ride in the passenger side of our vehicles, my right hand and arm is marked most. I look upon my old age spots with disdain; yet, they serve as thoughts to pursue.

Where are my old age spots? Where are yours?

Do friends spot me as a frequent patient in the doctor’s office? Maybe your name has been recorded in admitting of your hometown hospital. An assisted living facility or convalescent home is now the old age spot for many in our age group.

If age ‘is’ a state of mind where is that State on a map? Where is that old age spot, a needed rest area?

Attend church regularly!

“And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works,  not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching (Hebrews 10:24-25 NKJV).”

Sadly, many forgo the worship and fellowship of the local church. They don’t know what they are missing. Homebound church members are heartbroken; these men and women can no longer attend their churches. Their disabilities hinder them.

What hinders us?

Church is one old age spot that I look upon with delight.

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print