PLEASE, ELIMINATE THE RESIDUE
by Olawale Ogunsola

“A little leavens the whole lump.” Galatians 2:9.

     Every Christian has his past life from which the Lord rescued him. This is speaking about an evil act that turned him into God’s enemy. An act that is friendly with the flesh. This is what he loved and enjoyed to do. He was satisfied with it. All deeds that separate man from God are works of the flesh. Each is enough to destroy many good things, most importantly relationship with the Creator.

 

     This was the plight of Moses, a man who was seen by God as the most humble in his generation (Num 12:13)

     This man was from the lineage of  Levi whose anger, with that of Simeon was described by Jacob, their who laid the foundation of the nation of Israel, thus, “cursed is their anger” Gen 49:7. It simply means that anger was in the blood of Moses. The Psalmist puts it in a simple truth thus,

     “Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity.

      And in sin my mother conceived me.” Psalm 61:5. NKJV

 

     This is not peculiar only to Moses and David, who wrote the Psalm. It is the truth about every man including christians. The only difference is that, Christians have been delivered from the spirit of the past misdeeds.

 

     However, let me sound a note of warning here; do not fail to eliminate every leftover of the work of the flesh you have been rescued from. This is because it sometimes manifests in your life. A little surge of it can destroy anything good especially relationships.

 

     This was the case with Prophet Moses in the course of his life and leadership.

 

     In the journey of life of meekness, surges of anger never ceased, although he had been weaned for forty years when he left the palace in Egypt to take care of Jethro’s flock in the wilderness. Yet, there was a residue of anger in him – an evidence of works of the flesh.

 

      Anger manifested in Moses’ life when people of God turned back from following the Lord by making a Golden calf their god. This was at the time when Moses went to meet the Lord on mount Sinai for forty days. The Scriptures read,

     “So Moses’ anger became hot’…” Exodus 32:19d.

 

     This can be called “a righteous’ anger”. However, it is possible to register one’s displeasure without being angry. He could destroy the golden calf without being angry.

 

     A surge of anger that stained his relationship with God of Israel was Meribah where people of Israel contended with their Maker. They wanted to drink water but thought there could be no provision. To  satisfy the thirst of His people, the Lord instructed him.

     “Take the rod; you and your brother Aaron gather the

      congregation together.

      Speak to the rock before their eyes, and it will yield its water;

      thus you shall bring water for them out of the rock and give

      drink to the congregation and their animals”   Num 20:7-8.

 

     What was Moses response?

 

     According to the Scriptures, his flesh-influenced (through anger) obedience was,

     “then Moses lifted his hand and struck the rock twice with the

      rod, and water came out abundantly, and the congregation

      and their animals drank” verse 11.

This sudden surge of sin of anger ignited the anger of the Lord and this denied Moses, an intercessor for his nation, the desire of his heart. In his words,

     “Then I pleaded with the Lord at that time, saying,.. I pray, let

      me cross over and see the good land beyond the Jordan,

      those good land beyond Jordan, those pleasant mountains,

           and Lebanon.

      But the Lord was angry with me on your account, and would

      not listen to me. So the Lord said to me: Enough of that!

      Speak no more to me of this matter.” Num 3:23-26. NKJV.

 

     My beloved reader, it is possible that you are experiencing the presence and power of God in your life; you may be doing great exploits for the Lord to expand His kingdom. Please, do not fail to eliminate the residue of your past life that surges sometimes. Be totally sanctified and ask the Holy Spirit to help you crucify the flesh totally.

     Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord.

     Shalom!

NKJV is New King James Version of the Holy Bible.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print