Wanderlust
by PamFord Davis

Have you had a dog or cat that wandered away from home? It happens. Sometimes pets are gone for so long that their owners give up hopes of ever seeing them again. To their surprise, the cat or dog shows up at the door in need of food and tender loving care.

Maybe you’ve even known of people with the wanderlust.

Many of my husband Norm’s distant kin have told stories about one of his Grand Pa’ Davis brothers. It seems his family would view him wistfully looking down the long road. Soon after, he was nowhere to be seen! He was a wanderer.

“Then He said: ‘A certain man had two sons. And the younger of them said to his father, ‘Father, give me the portion of goods that falls to me.’ So he divided to them his livelihood. And not many days after, the younger son gathered all together, journeyed to a far country, and there wasted his possessions with prodigal living.  But when he had spent all, there arose a severe famine in that land, and he began to be in want. (Luke 15:11-14 NKJV).”

The son wandered willfully. Yet, he came back home and his father rejoiced.

“But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry; for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ And they began to be merry (Luke 15:22-23 NKJV).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print