A Man Named Jed
by PamFord Davis

A man named Jed…

Bet you had a sing-along flashback to the Beverly Hillbillies TV theme. Jed Clampett struck oil and struck it rich. His good fortune was ours. Television viewers were recipients of his hillbilly humor. I’d describe Jed as comfortable in his own skin (whiskers and all).

He had no desire to keep up with the Jones’ or the Drysdales’ either. Jed just found himself a comfortable spot to whittle (in front of their Beverly Hillbillies mansion). Let me tell you about a ‘baby’ named Jed.

“David comforted Bathsheba his wife, and went to her and lay with her; and she bore a son, and she called his name Solomon. And the Lord loved [the child];

He sent [a message] by the hand of Nathan the prophet, and [Nathan] called the boy’s [special] name Jedidiah [beloved of the Lord], because the Lord [loved the child] (2 Samuel 24-25 AMPC).”

Jed (Jedidiah) was a special baby. Why?  Enveloped in the love of the Lord, and of his parents, he was blessed with a bright future. Better known as Solomon, he still holds the distinction of wisest man that ever lived.

“Behold, I have done as you asked. I have given you a wise, discerning mind, so that no one before you was your equal, nor shall any arise after you equal to you (1 Kings 3:12 AMPC).”

 

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print