God's Mercies and Comfort
by PamFord Davis

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ (2 Corinthians 1:3-5 NKJV).”

This is one of my many favorite Bible passages. We are all in need God’s mercies and comfort. That’s obvious but do we sense the benefits of comfort we have received from others? If sensitive to the Holy Spirit, we will follow His leading and tenderly comfort the hurting around us. These truths were brought to light yesterday in Sunday morning Bible study.

First, I need to tell you about the warm fellowship in this group of men and women. Sounds of laughter can be heard out in the hallway. The ages of those who attend span from college age to a splattering of senior adults. We can count on provoking questions, interaction and scripture affirmation. Yesterday, we experienced God.

Christ followers shared personal experiences of loss and heartbreak. Others shared times of trouble in lives of family, friends or acquaintances. There was a somber yet serene tone in their voices. They had received God’s peace in midst of storms. A few were moved to tears. In times of trouble, suffering abounds. Be encouraged; consolation abounds through Christ. (Verse 5)

“And our hope for you is steadfast, because we know that as you are partakers of the sufferings, so also you will partake of the consolation (2 Corinthians 1:7 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print