Recovering Femininity
by Dinora Garza

I’ve always being very thin, at times unbelievable so. So, for me finding clothes suitable in size and style has always been a problem. Yet I couldn’t even imagine how much harder it would become as the years go by!

Clothing companies in America seem to have resolved to tag a whole nation with the filthiest tag imaginable. Looking at girls on the streets reminds me so much of sex trafficking…I wonder why. Pants that look more like rags than anything else. Blouses so transparent that you don’t have to guess our inner thoughts. Shorts so revealing that would make a street girl blush. We are becoming more and more a nation of indecent model wannabes…to our own shame.

And I’m not talking only about unbelievers. No. Many of the women who affirm to possess the mind of Christ are seeking to accommodate to the trends of the moment as well, without the least regard for modesty. Shouldn’t that very fact set off alarm bells in regards to their spiritual condition? 

When we read in the Bible how God expects us to act and look, the gap between what He commands and what we choose to do is monumental!

“Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.

Pastor Paul Washer explains that watching Pride and Prejudice seems to have the effect on many women of making them feel melancholic. The reason, he explains, is that the women of the story look and act so feminine, that when we women compare to them, we feel ashamed of what we have become. He couldn’t be more right. Deceived by the collusion of feminism and the fashion industry, women have lost what makes them women, what makes them desirable and valuable to men. So now, they need to sell themselves cheap, exhibiting whatever attribute God gave them in order to be noticed by the opposite sex. But it doesn’t have to be so.

Let’s return to femininity! Let us resist against the attack on decency and modesty. And when the fashion industry seeks to lure us into their prostituted vision of women, let’s just look the other way. Let’s recover the values of women like Sarah, Ruth or Mary the mother of our Lord, and let’s teach our daughters to do the same. Let’s adorn ourselves, not with the latest fashion finds, but with godliness and good works, and with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is, in God’s sight, so very precious.



I am a Christian. My passion is to know the Lord, and help others to understand His character and will. Read one of my blogs at: onetruthonegod.wordpress.com


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print