Inside and Out
by PamFord Davis

I worked in Christian childcare ministries for several years; children most often ranged from infants-two years old. It was both a rewarding and demanding job. As a teacher, I had several in my care. Many were still drinking from bottles; others had advanced to Sippy cups.

Parents often sent their boys and girls with filled bottles or cups. Though rare, there were a few times when I discovered sour milk in a baby’s bottle.

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also (Matthew 23:25-26 NKJV).”

Ever hear the term ‘Sunday go ta’ meetin’ clothes?’ My mind carries me to the home of a fictional farmer who wears bib-overalls 6 days a week. On Sunday, for church, he wears the suit he’ll be buried in. He is clean and presentable.

That is good and proper. He wants to make a good impression on the preacher and those in the pews. What about the man ‘inside’ the suit? Is he clean inside and out?

“Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me (Psalm 51:10 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print