That Path
by PamFord Davis

Every Broadway show relies on stand-ins. Stars in leading roles are backed up by hopeful actors and actresses; they are ready to step in on a minutes’ notice. In the world of advertising, my Dad Frank could have easily been a stand-in for Mister Donut. Where do police officers fit into a donuts scenario?

Lawmen have a reputation for frequenting donut shops. I can think of far worse places to take needed breaks from their stressful jobs. Those who knew Dad best can visualize him driving close behind the police on his way to a Mister Donut. To be honest, he'd probably be honking his horn!

When I was a girl we lived in a rural neighborhood, far from any of the donut chain enterprises. Dad purchased his donuts in boxes of a dozen from my Uncle Alex & Aunt Dorothy Ford’s small grocery store. The donuts came in a variety of plain, sugar, cinnamon and my favorite- chocolate. Working as security guard, for General Electric; he carried a lunch box with sandwiches, donuts, a thermos of hot coffee and a paperback western book.

Retirement years gave my Dad opportunities to visit us; his adult children and our families. My oldest sister Donna lived in Pennsylvania near a Mister Donuts. As I recall, he walked that path many times.

“You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore (Psalm 16:11 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print