Engaging The Power Of God Through The Altar Of Prayer
by Ngozi Nwoke

Do you desire to see the power of God manifested in your life? God releases His power to whosoever is able to tap into it. The power of God makes a great difference between success and failure. This article declares altar of prayer as an altar for engaging the power of God.

And it came to pass, at the  time  of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near and said, " LORD  God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, let it be known this day that You are God in Israel and I am Your servant, and that  I have done all these things at Your word. Then the fire of the LORD fell and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood and the stones and the dust, and it licked up the water that was in the trench - I Kings 18:36, 38 (NKJV).

And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed to the LORD and wept in anguish. For this child I prayed, and the LORD has granted me my petition which I asked of Him - I Samuel 1:10, 27 (NKJV).

Many Christians shy away from praying yet it is a channel for tapping into the power of God. Prayer gets you on the same frequency with God Almighty, grants you audience with the Lord and gives you the opportunity to make your request known unto Him (Philippians 4:6). The scripture says ask and it will be given to you (Matthew 7:7), and it is in prayer that you ask and receive.

The power of God subdues the enemy and so you need it to subdue the enemy. It is said that a prayer-less Christian is a powerless Christian. In prayer, you are empowered to enforce the will of God in your life and you provoke the intervention of heaven on your behalf.

Any Christian who is not interested in much prayers is not interested in seeing much of God's power in his life. The more you pray the more you are exposed to the Lord's power in manifestation. Your desired change will come via the altar of prayer.

Elijah had a contest of power with the prophets of Baal in 1 Kings 18:20-40. The prophets of Baal called on their god and he answered them not, but when Elijah called on God, He released His tremendous power that did the impossible: fire licking up the water that ran around the altar and filled up the trench. A man or woman of prayer engages the power of God to do the impossible, for with God all things are possible (Matthew 19:26).

Hannah engaged the altar of prayer and the power of God destroyed barrenness in her life, every shame and reproach was rolled away (1 Samuel 1: 1-28). She went up yearly to Shiloh, but this particular year she engaged the altar of prayer and her situation changed.

In conclusion, whatever you are going through now may still be there because you have not engaged the power of God through the altar of prayers. Put aside all excuses today and engage it, pray according to the Lord's will (1 John 5:14-15) and the power of God will be made manifest in your life, giving you a turnaround testimony.

 



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print