Weather the Storms
by PamFord Davis

‘Why is this happening to me?’

‘Is God punishing me for something I've done?’

If you’ve ever felt that way… you’re in good company.

Bad things happen to good and bad alike.

“Therefore, everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them will be like a sensible man who built his house on the rock. The rain fell, the rivers rose, and the winds blew and pounded that house. Yet it didn’t collapse, because its foundation was on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of Mine and doesn’t act on them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, the rivers rose, the winds blew and pounded that house, and it collapsed. And its collapse was great (Matthew 7:24-27 HCSB).”

Rain fell. The rivers rose. Winds blew and pounded against houses.

Some homeowners had built upon a rock foundation. Others chose to build upon shifting sand. There was a stark contrast in construction plans and in their ability to weather the storms.

Have you recently come through a crisis? It has been said (and rightly so) that we have just come through a crisis, (storm) are presently experiencing one or trials loom on the horizon. Bad things happen. The wise will build their lives upon the Rock, Christ Jesus. Though tried and tested, they will not collapse.   



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print