The Church
by PamFord Davis

When traveling, do you admire church buildings?

Do you hit the Facebook like icon for church pictures?

If I was asked, I’d say yes.

I especially like the wooden framed old country churches.

Frequently I’ve been guilty of voicing a false statement. ‘That’s a beautiful church!’

My husband corrects me saying it’s a church ‘building;’ it’s not the church. He’s right.

The church is the body of born again believers. Local churches meet in buildings; some are small and simple, others are massive and breathtaking. Each building is holy because the Holy Spirit indwells the members, the church. 

Jesus established the church.

“And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence (Colossians 1:18 NKJV).”

Though I am impressed by church building structures, I will glory in God.

“God, You are more awesome than Your holy places.
The God of Israel is He who gives strength and power to His people.

Blessed be God (Psalm 68:35 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print