Unplanned Parenthood
by PamFord Davis

I believe I’m a product of ‘unplanned parenthood.’ My older sister Laureen was only 17 months old at the time of my birth; I doubt Mom and Dad had planned to have us so close together. To complicate matters further, my sister suffered with chronic bronchitis and needed her rest. I was a premature baby demanding attention. Planned or unplanned, I was the latest addition to the Ford family.

King David did not plan to have an affair. Bathsheba, another man’s wife did not plan her pregnancy.

“It happened in the spring of the year, at the time when kings go out to battle, that David sent Joab and his servants with him, and all Israel; and they destroyed the people of Ammon and besieged Rabbah. But David remained at Jerusalem.

Then it happened one evening that David arose from his bed and walked on the roof of the king’s house. And from the roof he saw a woman bathing, and the woman was very beautiful to behold. So David sent and inquired about the woman. And someone said, ‘Is this not Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite?’ Then David sent messengers, and took her; and she came to him, and he lay with her, for she was cleansed from her impurity; and she returned to her house. And the woman conceived; so she sent and told David, and said, ‘I am with child (2 Samuel 11:1-5 NKJV).” 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print