On the Run
by PamFord Davis


Busy, busy, busy!

I (like most people I know) have a busy schedule.

Life has often been compared to a running race…

“Life’s a marathon, not a sprint.” {Quote: Phillip C. McGraw}

The farther I get in the marathon the more often I succumb to fatigue.

Elijah was on the run; he was running for his life!

Fearing the threats of Jezebel, he ran away into the wilderness. Weary and depressed, he slept under a broom tree. (1 Kings 19:1-5) The LORD saw his need and sent an angel of mercy.

“Then he lay down and slept under the broom tree.

Suddenly, an angel touched him. The angel told him, ‘Get up and eat.’ Then he looked, and there at his head was a loaf of bread baked over hot stones, and a jug of water. So he ate and drank and lay down again. Then the angel of the Lord returned for a second time and touched him. He said, ‘Get up and eat, or the journey will be too much for you.’ So he got up, ate, and drank. Then on the strength from that food, he walked 40 days and 40 nights to Horeb, the mountain of God (1 kings 19:5-8 HCSB).”

After nourishment and rest, Elijah ‘walked’ to the mountain of God.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print