I'm Starving
by PamFord Davis

‘I’m starving!’

Ever say that, when time for your next meal?

In times of famine, people do literally starve. Jacob had great concern for his family; they were in dire straits.

It was a matter of life and death!

“When Jacob learned that there was grain in Egypt, he said to his sons, ‘Why do you keep looking at each other? Listen,’ he went on, ‘I have heard there is grain in Egypt. Go down there and buy some for us so that we will live and not die.’ So 10 of Joseph’s brothers went down to buy grain from Egypt (Genesis 42:1-3 HCSB).”

Jacob’s sons obeyed; they traveled to Egypt, acquired provisions and returned to Canaan. After a time, the supply ran out…

“Now the famine in the land was severe. When they had used up the grain they had brought back from Egypt, their father said to them, ‘Go back and buy us some food (Genesis 43:1-2 HCSB).”

Again, they did as instructed. (Divine drama continued through Genesis chapter 47.) Jacob’s sons no longer needed to bring food from Egypt to Canaan. Their brother Joseph moved Jacob and the entire family to Egypt.

(Joseph said), “You are also commanded, ‘Do this: Take wagons from the land of Egypt for your young children and your wives and bring your father here.  Do not be concerned about your belongings, for the best of all the land of Egypt is yours (Genesis 45:19-20 HCSB).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print