Proof Texts
by PamFord Davis

On what do you base your faith in Jesus as Savior?

Do you have proof-texts?

Can you offer proof of the validity of his death and resurrection?

The Apostle Paul gives clear cut proof.

“For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time (1 Corinthians 15:3-8 KJV).”

In Old Testament law, the testimony of two or more witnesses was required for the death penalty…

“At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death (Deuteronomy 17:6 KJV).”

Jesus was sinless. Innocent, he paid the penalty for my sins; he died in my place.

Trustworthy witnesses testified to the proof of Jesus resurrection from the dead.

I believe.

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print