Feed and Follow
by PamFord Davis

The Master questioned Simon Peter; then He called him to special service.

“When they had eaten breakfast, Jesus asked Simon Peter, ‘Simon, son of John, do you love Me more than these?’

‘Yes, Lord,’ he said to Him, ‘You know that I love You.’

‘Feed My lambs,’ He told him.

A second time He asked him, ‘Simon, son of John, do you love Me?’

‘Yes, Lord,’ he said to Him, ‘You know that I love You.’

‘Shepherd My sheep,’ He told him.

He asked him the third time, ‘Simon, son of John, do you love Me?’

Peter was grieved that He asked him the third time, ‘Do you love Me?’ He said, ‘Lord, You know everything! You know that I love You.’

‘Feed My sheep,’ Jesus said. ‘I assure you: When you were young, you would tie your belt and walk wherever you wanted. But when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands and someone else will tie you and carry you where you don’t want to go.’ He said this to signify by what kind of death he would glorify God.After saying this, He told him, ‘Follow Me (John 21:15-19 HCSB).”

I am a Christian.

Am I feeding His word to the flock?

Will I faithfully follow Him?

“Then He said to them all, ‘If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me (Luke 9:23 HCSB).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print