Why the Delay?
by PamFord Davis

‘LORD, why the delay?’

I have a sweet friend, named Alma.

A widow; she is in her mid 90’s. With failing health, Alma has wondered why she has to wait so long to go to her eternal home. I know Alma is ready to ‘meet her Maker.’ Ready and willing, she wonders why he delays. She’s anxious to look into the face of Jesus, her Savior.  In heaven, Alma will be reunited with her beloved husband, Gene.

“For we know that if our temporary, earthly dwelling is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal dwelling in the heavens, not made with hands. Indeed, we groan in this body, desiring to put on our dwelling from heaven, since, when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. Indeed, we groan while we are in this tent, burdened as we are, because we do not want to be unclothed but clothed, so that mortality may be swallowed up by life. And the One who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave us the Spirit as a down payment.

So, we are always confident and know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. For we walk by faith, not by sight, and we are confident and satisfied to be out of the body and at home with the Lord. Therefore, whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to be pleasing to Him (2 Corinthians 5:1-9 HCSB).”

Alma continues to walk by faith; the final steps will come at the LORD's pre-appointed time…

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print