Bub O'Casey
by PamFord Davis

“Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep (Romans 12:15 NKJV).”

It took me by complete surprise. Bub O’ Casey gave me goose bumps.

I was watching an old My Three Sons’ episode with my husband Norm. The character of Michael Francis (Bub) O’Casey pulled my heart strings. William Frawley (in the role of Bub) won the Irish Sweepstakes.

Elated, Bub bought plane fare to his homeland of Ireland with the prize money. Wanting to do something special for the family, he also bought tickets for father-in-law Steve Douglas (played by Fred Mc Murray) and his grandsons.

Upon arrival, the Douglas family went directly to Bub's hometown and the cottage home of his cousin. After chatting briefly, Bub was taken aback to learn that his Aunt Kate (who he assumed had been dead for years) still lived. Inside the cousin’s home, Bub was reunited with his 103 year old aunt. I cannot convey the full impact the brief scene had on me.

I know it was fiction; and yet the conversation, embrace, and facial expressions of Bub and Aunt Kate seemed so very real. He was still in shocked from hearing she was alive; to her, it was like being reunited with her brother (father of Bub).

I was moved with emotion; Bub O’Casey gave me goose-bumps.  

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print